The Alexander Company has an opening for a Maintenance Technician who will service the day-to-day needs at commercial and residential properties throughout Madison, Wisconsin.
The ideal candidate would be well rounded in the trades – particularly electrical repairs, have an eye for attention to detail, be able to work independently, troubleshoot problems, and have some knowledge of mechanical systems. HVAC certification is preferred but not required.
- General and preventative maintenance for the properties
- General repairs to equipment and buildings
- General plumbing and electrical repairs
- Completion of work orders
- Maintaining inventory supplies
- Working with outside contractors and vendors
- Custodial duties as needed
- Grounds work
- Responding appropriately to emergency calls on a rotating schedule
This position requires that the employee live within 30 miles of Madison and have a valid driver’s license.
$18 to $23 per hour
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why The Alexander Company?
We value quality relationships – our employees care about each other, and care about our clients. We understand the value of an appreciate work/life balance for our employees and promote this with competitive compensation and a generous PTO policy. We are led by a second-generation ownership group that is very invested in the long-term success and stability of our company. We like to have fun and also place a great importance on employee engagement and well-being by providing a number of benefits:
- Half-day Fridays: the office closes at noon EVERY Friday
- Let’s Get Social: from holiday parties, to sporting events, to Pontoon Porch in the summer
- Dress Code: dress for your day
- Central Location: We’re centrally located at the Novation Campus on the south side of Madison – five minutes from downtown, 10 minutes from the east and west sides, and easily accessible from HWY 14 and the Beltline.
- PTO: 8.5 days your first year, 17 days after year one, 22 days after year 6
- The Usual Suspects: HMO group health insurance with 85% of premiums covered and 75% of annual deductible (PPO group health insurance also available), dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with 2% matching, flexible spending plans for medical expenses, life insurance, and disability insurance.
E-mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.