The Alexander Company has an opening for a Lead Project Architect.
The ideal candidate will have an Architectural degree, 10 years of relevant experience, and ideally experience with adaptive reuse of historic buildings and NCARB certification.
- Assist small staff with scheduling and prioritizing design and construction drawing efforts.
- Work closely with development staff on evaluating potential projects, providing building condition reports, site evaluations, schematic design, and entitlements.
- Responsible for code compliance across multiple states.
- Thorough knowledge of international building code including existing building code, historic code, and accessibility code for both residential and commercial projects.
- Responsible for managing plan approval across multiple jurisdictions.
- Thorough knowledge of MEP and structural systems and responsible for coordination of same throughout the life of the project.
- Work closely with in house construction manager including significant construction administration responsibilities.
- Work closely with in house historic consultant and manage overall compliance requirements.
- Solicit, evaluate, and manage consultant proposals, and manage consultations throughout the life of the project.
- Work with in-house property management staff for repairs, remodeling, and tenant build-outs for multiple properties.
- Thorough knowledge of all construction details including foundations, structure, envelope, site features.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why The Alexander Company?
We value quality relationships – our employees care about each other, and care about our clients. We understand the value of an appreciate work/life balance for our employees and promote this with competitive compensation and a generous PTO policy. We are led by a second-generation ownership group that is very invested in the long-term success and stability of our company. We like to have fun and also place a great importance on employee engagement and well-being by providing a number of benefits:
- Half-day Fridays: the office closes at noon EVERY Friday
- Let’s Get Social: from holiday parties, to sporting events, to Pontoon Porch in the summer
- Dress Code: dress for your day
- Central Location: We’re centrally located at the Novation Campus on the south side of Madison – five minutes from downtown, 10 minutes from the east and west sides, and easily accessible from HWY 14 and the Beltline.
- PTO: 8.5 days your first year, 17 days after year one, 22 days after year 6
- The Usual Suspects: HMO group health insurance with 85% of premiums covered and 75% of annual deductible (PPO group health insurance also available), dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with 2% matching, flexible spending plans for medical expenses, life insurance, and disability insurance.
E-mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.