The Alexander Company has an opening for a Property Accountant who will support our Head Accountant in maintaining the accounting needs for our commercial and residential properties.
The ideal candidate would have an Accounting degree, two to three years of relevant experience, and ideally experience with RealPage software.
- Management of AP process and AP clerk
- Produce monthly financial statements for our commercial properties
- Support Head Accountant in researching various issues identified in monthly review
- Produce reports for residential properties for Head Accountant review
- Main point of contact for RealPage software
- Perform month-end account reconciliations and journal entries
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why The Alexander Company?
We value quality relationships – our employees care about each other, and care about our clients. We understand the value of an appreciate work/life balance for our employees and promote this with competitive compensation and a generous PTO policy. We are led by a second-generation ownership group that is very invested in the long-term success and stability of our company. We like to have fun and also place a great importance on employee engagement and well-being by providing a number of benefits:
- Half-day Fridays: the office closes at noon EVERY Friday
- Let’s Get Social: from holiday parties, to sporting events, to Pontoon Porch in the summer
- Dress Code: dress for your day
- Central Location: We’re centrally located at the Novation Campus on the south side of Madison – five minutes from downtown, 10 minutes from the east and west sides, and easily accessible from HWY 14 and the Beltline.
- PTO: 8.5 days your first year, 17 days after year one, 22 days after year 6
- The Usual Suspects: HMO group health insurance with 85% of premiums covered and 75% of annual deductible (PPO group health insurance also available), dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with 2% matching, flexible spending plans for medical expenses, life insurance, and disability insurance.
E-mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.