The Alexander Company has an opening for an Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist who will work closely with the Compliance Manager to ensure all aspects of the Section 42 Tax Credit Program are met and that the company remains in compliance with all government agencies.
- Process tax credit files for Section 42 properties along with determining eligibility for other local programs such as HOME, CDBG and NMTC.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual reports requested from the city, county, state and other agencies.
- Aid in preparing for audits either internally or on site, when needed.
- Work closely with properties and managers in training and other areas in times of need.
- Monitor state agency websites to ensure we are using the most up-to-date forms and policies.
- Prepare in-house weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assist other departments in times of need.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Must have good people skills
- Must have problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel out-of-state if needed to assist with file process for move-ins and re-certifications
- Computer skills: Excel, Word and Yardi experience or other property management software program experience
Some travel to operating properties in Iowa, Missouri, Virginia, and Maryland may be occasionally required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in the government housing industry primarily the Section 42 Tax Credit Program, HOME, CDBG or other programs
- Having the HCCP certification is ideal, but training/certification can be provided
- COS designation is preferred but not required
- Bilingual is helpful but not mandatory
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why The Alexander Company?
We value quality relationships – our employees care about each other, and care about our clients. We understand the value of an appreciate work/life balance for our employees and promote this with competitive compensation and a generous PTO policy. We are led by a second-generation ownership group that is very invested in the long-term success and stability of our company. We like to have fun and also place a great importance on employee engagement and well-being by providing a number of benefits:
- Half-day Fridays: the office closes at noon EVERY Friday
- Let’s Get Social: from holiday parties, to sporting events, to Pontoon Porch in the summer
- Dress Code: dress for your day
- Downtown Location: we’re two blocks from the Capitol Square
- PTO: 8.5 days your first year, 17 days after year one, 22 days after year 6
- The Usual Suspects: HMO group health insurance with 85% of premiums covered and 75% of annual deductible (PPO group health insurance also available), dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with 2% matching, flexible spending plans for medical expenses, life insurance, and disability insurance.
E-mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.