The Alexander Company has an opening for an Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist who will work closely with the Compliance Manager to ensure all aspects of the Section 42 Tax Credit Program are met and that the company remains in compliance with all government agencies.
- Process tax credit files for Section 42 properties along with determining applicant income eligibility for other local programs such as HOME, CDBG, and NMTC.
- Assist with reports and audits requested from the city, county, state and other agencies.
- Work closely with compliance manager, property manager, and applicants.
- Monitor state agency websites to ensure we are using the most up-to-date forms and policies.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to solve problems
- Effective communication skills via phone, email, and in person
- Some out of state travel to operating properties may be required
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in the government housing industry primarily the Section 42 Tax Credit Program, HOME, CDBG or other programs preferred but not required
- HCCP certification and COS designations are ideal, but training/certification will be provided
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneSite Property Management Software experience preferred
Why The Alexander Company?
We value quality relationships – our employees care about each other, and care about our clients. We understand the value of an appreciate work/life balance for our employees and promote this with competitive compensation and a generous PTO policy. We are led by a second-generation ownership group that is very invested in the long-term success and stability of our company. We like to have fun and also place a great importance on employee engagement and well-being by providing a number of benefits:
- Half-day Fridays: the office closes at noon EVERY Friday
- Let’s Get Social: from holiday parties, to sporting events, to Pontoon Porch in the summer
- Dress Code: dress for your day
- Central Location: We’re centrally located at the Novation Campus on the south side of Madison – five minutes from downtown, 10 minutes from the east and west sides, and easily accessible from HWY 14 and the Beltline.
- PTO: 8.5 days your first year, 17 days after year one, 22 days after year 6
- The Usual Suspects: HMO group health insurance with 85% of premiums covered and 75% of annual deductible (PPO group health insurance also available), dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with 2% matching, flexible spending plans for medical expenses, life insurance, and disability insurance.
E-mail your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.